Change of Address
Change of Address
Proof of residence is required at the time of enrollment and when a family changes address. Verification by items from both categories below are required:
- Current picture ID of parent/guardian: driver’s license, state issued ID, passport, consulate issued picture ID, voter credential, or military ID.
- Two of the following:
- current valid vehicle registration
- state or federal tax return filed within the last 12 months with W-2 form(s) attached
- current voter registration receipt
- other forms of identification or communication from a government agency
- property tax bill with parent name and property address indicating home owner's exemption
- lease/rental agreement (including property address, names of occupants, name and phone number of owner/manager)
- payroll stubs/checks
All documents submitted must be originals not copies.
Bills and deeds are NOT valid residency verification documents.
All required documents must be submitted and receive approval within thirty (10) calendar days from the initial date of enrollment.
Caregiver Affidavits: Students shall qualify as district residents if they reside full-time in the home of a caregiving adult within the district boundaries. This caregiving adult must provide residency verification as outlined above. “Full Time” for the purposes of this regulation is defined as: Student’s primary residence is that of the caregiving adult, and the student resides in the home of the caregiving adult 24 hours a day, seven days a week and during periods of vacation and/or holidays.
Caregiver Affidavits are available at the school site.
Joint Physical Custody: Students whose parents have joint physical custody may continue their enrollment in the district so long as at least one of their parents can meet the residency verification requirements as outlined above.
Parents and Guardians are required to read and sign the following statement:
“I attest that the information provided is true and accurate. I understand that if the student is not living full-time within the school boundary or if the student’s arrangements do not agree with the information provided, the student will not be allowed to attend the school. I also understand that any changes in residency information must be reported to the school registrar immediately and verified within thirty (30) days. I also understand that falsification of information will be grounds for invalidating the student’s enrollment in school.”
For additional information please see the MDUSD website.